Andreea graduated from Creative Business at HU University of Applied Sciences, majoring in audiovisual communication and advertising. She progressed by finishing her master at Northumbria University and majoring in sustainable communication in the luxury fashion sector. She rounded off her studies with the ‘Leadership & Management’ specialization track from Harvard Business School Online.
Her education lead her to pursue a job in the marketing communications field, having her worked with companies such as adidas and G-Star RAW. She joined the Creative Business staff team in 2019. She works as a Content Marketing Manager, where her main responsibility is to recruit students for the programme. She started teaching at the same study programme in 2021.
She has a threefold perspective (international alumna, marketing professional, lecturer) which allows her to give all-around advice to prospective students and empathize with them. She is able to give insights into the taught courses at CB, life as a student in Utrecht, practical matters, etc.
Fields of expertise
- (course) Marketing Principles
- (course) Consumer Behaviour
- Student recruitment
|Project title||The luxury of sustainable communication - An exploratory research on the effect on media coverage and customer engagement of luxury fashion brands communicating online their sustainability practices to Millennials and Gen Z|
|Keywords||Sustainability; Online Communication; Millennials; Gen Z; Luxury Fashion|
|Years of completion||2021|
|General project description||
The COVID-19 pandemic made Millennials and Gen Z extremely cautious about their footprint, where their purchase intentions have been shifting towards supporting a sustainable lifestyle. In addition, these generations are forecasted to become the biggest buying power in the luxury fashion sector, accounting for 58% of the purchases. Thus, it is only a matter of time until online sustainability communication becomes imperative to luxury fashion companies in the battle of remaining relevant to the market’s requests. Failure to answer such demands could lead to loss of profits and brand advocates. Nevertheless, even though online sustainability communication is vital in theory, in practice the audience of a brand can be inconsistent and still react positively to non-sustainability communication.
The purpose of this study is to explore the effect on digital media coverage and social media followers’ engagement of luxury fashion brands when communicating online sustainability-focused vs non-sustainability focused campaigns to Millennials and Gen Z.
|Your Role in project||Researcher|
- Tugulan, A. (2021, April 23). 5 lucruri pe care mi-as fi dorit sa le stiu inainte de a ma muta la studii in Olanda. Pedagoteca. https://pedagoteca.ro/5-lucruri-pe-care-mi-as-fi-dorit-sa-le-stiu-inainte-dea-ma-muta-la-studii-in-olanda/
- Tugulan, A. (2021, February 26). Trei lucruri pe care le-am invatat de cand m-am mutat la studii in Olanda. Pedagoteca. https://pedagoteca.ro/trei-lucuri-pe-care-le-am-invatat-de-cand-m-am-mutat-la-studii-in-olanda/
- Tugulan, A. (2019, May 20). Comunicare, marketing, si media applicate. Olanda poate sa fie noua destinatie de studiu catre care te poti indrepta. Pedagoteca. https://pedagoteca.ro/comunicare-marketing-si-media-aplicate-olanda-poate-sa-fie-noua-destinatie-de-studiu-catre-care-te-poti-indrepta/
- Tugulan, A. (2021). The luxury of sustainable communication - An exploratory research on the effect on media coverage and customer engagement of luxury fashion brands communicating online their sustainability practices to Millennials and Gen Z. Northumbria University.
- (specialization) Leadership & Management, Harvard Business School, 2022
- MA Luxury Brand Management, Northumbria University, 2021
- (course) Circular Fashion: Design, Science, and Value in a Sustainable Clothing Industry, Wageningen University, 2021
- (course) Growth Hacking with Digital Marketing, Eazl, 2020
- BA Creative Business, HU University of Applied Sciences, 2019
- (minor) Audiovisual Communication & Advertising, CEU San Pablo University, 2018