In 2007, Carolien Sino PhD (1968) joined the Research group Proactive care for elderly people living at home as a doctoral candidate, obtaining a PhD in 2013 for her thesis ‘Medication Management in Homecare patients’. Her PhD supervisors were Prof. M.J. Schuurmans and Prof. A.C.G. Egberts, Utrecht University.
During her doctoral research, Carolien developed and validated a ‘red flags list’ that can be used by home care professionals to identify signs of possible medication-related issues. After obtaining her PhD, Carolien has continued to research the ‘Early detection of medication-related issues in the elderly’ within the Research group Proactive care for elderly people living at home. Carolien Sino also serves as second supervisor for Nienke Dijkstra’s PhD research and as Director of the Institute for Nursing Studies.
Other positions and activities
- Chair of the V&VN Onderwijs executive committee
- Expert in Outpatient Pharmacy and the Elderly for the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
- Member of the Zorgpact Midden Nederland steering committee
- Member of the Nursing & Pharmaceutical Care NuPhaC steering committee
- Member of the executive consultation body of Gezond Utrecht
- Member of the Sectoral Advisory Board for Higher Healthcare Education (HGZO), Netherlands Association of Universities of Applied Sciences
Fields of expertise
- Medication management