Jan Pool PhD (1954) has been a senior researcher in the Research group Lifestyle and Health since 2010. In addition to his position within the research group, Jan is a practising manual therapist at the Paramedical Centre IMPACT in Zoetermeer. He is also a lecturer for the master’s degree programme in Physiotherapy.
- 2010 - present: Senior researcher for the Research group Lifestyle and Health
- 2009 - 2012: Coordinator for the master Physiotherapy, knowledge cluster Orthopaedic Manual Therapy, HU
- 2007: Doctoral defence at VU Amsterdam, with a study into the effectiveness of physiotherapy interventions among patients with neck complaints, and a study into the clinimetric properties of commonly used tests and questionnaires among patients with neck complaints.
- 1978 - present: Practising physiotherapist in Zoetermeer
- 2002 - 2007: Junior researcher (PhD candidate) EMGO institute at VU University Medical Center Amsterdam
- 1995 - present: member of Standard Committee International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT)
- 2000: Graduated as an MSc epidemiologist at the EMGO institute of the VU University Medical Center Amsterdam
- 1983: Graduated as a manual therapist at the School for Manual Therapy in Utrecht
- Physical Treatments Reduce Pain in Children with Tension-Type Headache A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Completeness of the description of manipulation and mobilisation techniques in randomized controlled trials in neck pain; A review using the TiDieR checklist
- Exploring the Feasibility of Relapse Prevention Strategies in Interdisciplinary Multimodal Pain Therapy Programs: Qualitative Study