Cancel your application or disenrol

You can cancel your application with HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht before the start date of your programme. You can also disenrol from your degree programme once you have started studying with us. You do this in Studielink.

library desk

Cancelling your application

Have you changed your mind before the start date of your programme? And do you want to cancel your enrolment? Or have you applied for multiple degree programmes that you do not wish to enrol in? Go to Studielink and cancel them in a few easy steps:

  • Log in with your DigiD
  • Go to 'My courses' and choose the one you want to cancel
  • Go to 'Course Details' and choose 'Cancel Application'
  • On the next page, click 'Confirm'

Your application is now cancelled. Repeat this for any other applications you want to cancel. Please note: cancellation before the programme's official start date is always free. If you cancel your application after this date, you may incur costs.



Are you enrolled at HU and do you decide to halt your studies? Or have you graduated? Then you need to apply for disenrolment in Studielink. You can find instructions on HU Wegwijs (Go to English in the menu and enter Disenrolment/Graduation in the search field). Keep in mind you will continue to pay tuition as long as you are enrolled with us. Disenrolment also affects your entitlement to government-backed student finance ("Stufi") and Student Travel Product. Be sure to read the terms and conditions on disenrolment carefully.

Reimbursement of tuition fees

Once your application or enrolment has been cancelled, you are no longer liable for payment of tuition fees. We will automatically check whether you are entitled to reimbursement of (part of) your tuition fees. If this is the case, we transfer these funds into your bank account within 30 days of your cancellation/disenrolment date. 

Please note: Depending on how much you have already paid, you are entitled to one-twelfth of the annual tuition fee paid for each month you are no longer a registered student. This excludes the months of July and August. Is your disenrolment date on or after 1 June? Then you are not entitled to reimbursement of fees for the past academic year.