You can find information about the conditions, requirements and options for international students on Study in Holland. Use this website to find out if you need a visa or residence permit and how to apply.

crosspoint city Utrecht

Please note!

At no time can you apply for, or change your Dutch visa/residence permit for the purpose of study without the support of HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht (HU). HU is a Dutch Immigration (IND) sponsor and is obliged to arrange this permit on your behalf. The application is submitted under strict conditions determined by the Dutch immigration law; for instance there is no possibility to arrange a visa/residence permit for a part-time study programme in the Netherlands!

HU Deadline dates and early application restrictions

To ensure your Dutch visa/residence permit is issued before the start of your programme, and to make sure your enrolment is finalised on time, we have to keep very strict deadlines. 

Please note: if you have a residence permit for study in the Netherlands at a different institution than HU, and you are changing to a programme with us, you will need to apply for a transfer of your residence permit.


All relevant documents and proof of payment must be received and processed by our International Office before the deadline applicable to you. Arrange your payment at least one week before the deadline to allow for (bank) administration delays.

15 July for September start

1 December for February start

15 June for September start

1 December for February start 

1 August for September start

1 December for February start

Ready to start your immigration application process? 


Check the files below for the answers to frequently asked questions. Need to know more? Please contact the HU International Office.