Author, academic, creative problem solver, avid lover of plants and mother of two lovely children.
Cobi holds a PhD from the Wits Institute for Social and Economic Research, a Masters in Fine Arts from University of Cape Town and a Masters in Science from the Roehampton University Online in Information Systems Management. After the completion of the her doctoral studies she joined the team that started the first art fair on the African continent. Together with her shareholders she lead the mother company Artlogic for twelve years and started many other events in the creative industries that were landmarks on the social and cultural calendars for those interested in African contemporary culture. After twelve years she decided to gain other experiences and worked for the South African national government in arts funding. Over most of the past decade she has served as research associate at the Gibbs Institute for Business Science in South Africa.
Fields of expertise
- Creative economy
- Contemporary art
|FNB Joburg Art Fair|
|Art fair, African contemporary art|
|First contemporary art fair in Africa and first art fair in the world to focus on African contemporary art|
- Explore! Awesome South African Artists, Jacana Media, 2019.
- Knowledge forms in the project lifecycle: A blue-print for knowledge management in small creative agencies in Johannesburg. South African Journal of Information Management. Volume 22, Issue 1.
- Crime, Art and Public Culture. Cultural Studies, Volume 27, Issue 3, 2012, pp 357 – 378.
Representing the South African Landscape: Coetzee, Kentridge and the Ecocritical Enterprise. Journal for Literary Studies, Volume 23, Issue 4, 2007, pp432 – 443.
- MsC in Information Systems Management. University of Roehampton London (2018)
- PhD, Thesis: Reflections on the Contemporary Moment in South Africa: Art Publics, Art Money, and Art Objects at the Joburg Art Fair, 2008 – 2009. Wits University, Wits Institute for Social and
- Economic Research, Doctoral Fellowship awarded 2007 – 2010
- MaFa in Painting and Animation Wits University, Wits School of the Arts (2006)
- Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts University of Cape Town , Michaelis School of Fine Art, (2001)