Chilean-Italian living in the Netherlands since 2003. Artist, designer, educator, and communicator. Creative coach. Lecturer Creative Business, Fashion Business & Fashion Design. Talks about art, innovation, fashion tech, digital fashion, metaverse and sustainability.
I am a lecturer with expertise in communications, marketing, fashion history, fashion business, digital media, design thinking, and new technologies. I'm also passionate about sustainability, academic publishing, and diversity & inclusion, which I incorporate into my teaching and creative work.
I explore social, cultural, and political issues like gender fluidity, gender equality, and critical thinking and infuse these topics into my lectures and creative projects. As a Diversity and Inclusion trainer and creative coach, I strive to make a positive impact on my students.
Recently, I completed a master's degree in education & innovation, where I focused on integrating digital workflows into analogue fashion curriculums using design thinking and blended learning. I'm also interested in making academic assessments more inclusive for neurodiverse students.
In 2020, I took on a personal challenge to refrain from purchasing physical garments for 15 months and instead designed a digital-only fashion collection for DressX.com. This experience inspired me to run a speculative design studio for virtual fashion called Dis_placed Studio where I explore the possibilities of augmented reality, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence through collaborative workflows.
My goal as a lecturer is to inspire and engage my students to reach their full potential. I bring a friendly, approachable demeanour to the classroom and strive to make each student feel seen and heard.
Fields of expertise
- Contextual Studies
- Digital design
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Fashion Business & Fashion Design
- Sustainability communications
- Pazzanese, G., & Puig, A. (2023). A Visual Script on Borders and Borderline Garments. The Fashion Studies Journal, 12.
- Pazzanese, G., & Solvas, I. (2021). Perspectives of Diversity & Inclusion in The Fashion Industry. Gender Studies Journal - La Camera Blu, 24.
- Master in Education & Innovation. InHolland University of Applied Sciences. 2022.
- Creative Coach Diploma. De UpStarter. 2018
- Curatorial Program Het Proces. Cultuur+Ondernemen. 2009
- Multimedia Project Management Diploma. Universidad Del Pacífico. 1999
- Bachelor in Visual Arts. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. 1998