Student support & guidance

The transition to higher education is an exciting step. You’ll discover a new educational setting, meet new fellow students and learn different ways of studying. At times, you may need some help finding your way in this labyrinth of new opportunities. We  offer several support services to help and guide you, so you’ll be able to study successfully.
Student talking with a student counsellor

Study career coaching

Wondering how to best manage your years as a student? During the entirety of your studies, you will be assigned a (study career) coach as your first point of contact. This lecturer will help you get the most out of your education programme.

Student counsellors

Do you have questions that your coach can’t answer (completely)? Or do you want to talk to someone who isn’t linked directly to your study programme? Our impartial student counsellors will lend you an ear and help you find a fitting solution to any problem you may encounter. They are specialised in helping you study and take your personal circumstances into account. So, together you will work towards a solution that fits you best.

Other support services

Coaches and counsellors are just two contact persons who can guide you during your studies. Other support services you can access include:

  • Study Choice Counsellors
    Do you have doubts about your study choice? Or are you wondering about important decisions during or after your studies? Schedule a meeting with a study choice  counsellor and figure it out together.

  • Student Support Centre (SSC)
    If you are interested in taking additional trainings or workshops in the area of your personal well-being, you can contact the SSC. They will help you sign up for a training of your choosing.

  • Student Psychologists
    Are you in need of basic and short-term psychological advice and support? Then, you can make an appointment with our student psychologists. That way, you’ll stay on top of your mental health.
    Please note: For long-term and intensive psychological support, you should always contact a general practitioner or family doctor.

Looking for something else?

Are the types of support listed above not exactly what you’re looking for? We offer more services than you may think! For example, there are special services for when you’re studying with a disability or chronic illness. Or visit HU Wegwijs for a complete overview of all the different facilities we can offer you as a student or contact a student counsellor.