Business Management Analytics
The exchange programme Business Management Analytics is designed to produce analytically savvy graduates adept at working in interdisciplinary teams in any organisation to solve complex business problems with the power of data-driven strategy.
This programme fits the current market need for graduates who are well-rounded and particularly strong in their capability to understand the flow of business information and who can bridge the gap between analysis and strategic decision-making. Being able to understand the various contexts of managerial decision-making and combining that with deep knowledge of data analysis techniques is an increasingly valuable skill and will set you up for a successful career in many industries.
Useful to know
|Start date||February, September|
|Number of ECTS||30 Dutch Education System|
|Programme level||Year 3-4|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Year of study||Year 3 or 4|
|Practical Matters||Housing and Immigration|
|Location||Heidelberglaan 15 Utrecht|
What do you need to enter this programme? And what can you expect when you apply? In this section you'll find all you need to know!
The exchange programme Business Management Analytics is designed for students seeking analytics and reporting skills and who are confident with the use of dynamic technology-tools. The programme provides students with skills to understand complex business data, business intelligence and analysis. Students will move beyond academics to understand the implications for business and will develop actionable intelligence.
Would you like to know more about this programme or do you have a specific question? Please contact the programme coordinators, Samuel Ackah or Tariq Abbasi, or the academic coordinators, Ellen van der Zande or Cindy Neeser.
The programme takes place during one semester and contains the following courses:
|Course unit title||ECTS|
|Management Information Systems
|Industry Based Project
Please note that the programme reflects a (logical) bundle of courses/subjects and should normally be followed as such. By choosing this package you will have to participate in ALL the courses included. It is not possible to combine (two or more) programmes in one single period.
In our Course Guides you can find all relevant information about the course in one practical document. You can download it here for your convenience.
You need a solid basis on advanced level in International Business Management to enter the programme.
There are no other entry requirements, but the following characteristics are useful:
- You are interested to learn data-driven decision making techniques;
- You have an interest in data analytical tools and analysis;
- You are seeking a business career with special skills and hands-on business analytic tools;
- You are interested in the innovation and advanced development in the business area for example Fintech (financial technology), marketing intelligence and artificial intelligence.
English CEFR level B2.
Please note: If your English language ability proves to be insufficient to participate actively in (parts of) the courses you have chosen, we cannot be bound to the Learning Agreement, neither can we guarantee to offer you the required amount of study load (EC’s). Teachers might request you to take a diagnostic test at the start of the course to check if your English language ability is sufficient to successfully participate in that specific course. In all cases it is up to the programme manager to decide if your English language ability is sufficient to be eligible for the programme/course.
This programme addresses a large number of learning objectives:
- Understand new and best-practice methods used to collect data;
- How to increase efficiency and improve business performance by discovering patterns in data;
- Use historical business data to estimate forecasts for future events using trends and seasonality;
- Learn the appropriate tools to gain new data insights and predicting future outcomes;
- Formulate data-driven recommendations to inform the strategic business decisions that lead your company toward success;
- How to analyse financial statements and reporting the performances via digital reporting techniques;
- Understand how marketing insights enhance decision-making by converting data into insights for decisions such as: segmentation, positioning, product development, promotion, advertising response, etc.;
- Introduce you to the most common market intelligence tools;
- Gain deeper understanding of evolving financial industry, particularly financial technology shaping digital currencies and future payment systems;
- Learn about fintech components like digital finance channels, blockchain, DeFi (decentralized finance) and cryptocurrencies;
- Utilise different financial analysis tools and techniques for decision making;
- Get hands-on experience with industry based projects using analytical tools.
When you move to a different country to study, there are lots of things to arrange. For instance, where will you live, how much are the costs? Visit our practical information page to help you prepare your stay. It is also important to start arranging a living space as soon as possible. Our housing pages will help you on your way. A student living in the Netherlands needs about € 800 - 1000 a month to cover living expenses, such as housing, food and transportation. This includes insurances – health insurance is mandatory.
Find out how to apply
Ready for an international adventure?
Why choose hu?
Inspiring international setting
HU supports your ambitions. Our lecturers will tutor and assist you in making the most of this international programme. During your time in Utrecht, you will meet students from all over the world and make connections to last a lifetime.
Utrecht Science Park Campus
Studying at HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht means you get to enjoy all the benefits of our modern campus, Utrecht Science Park (USP). A miniature city with the universities' buildings, student housing, restaurants, cafés, a sports centre, and much more, it enjoys excellent transport links to Utrecht and beyond.
Vibrant university city Utrecht
Beautiful Utrecht has lots of young people and excellent facilities for student life. It has a mediaeval city centre which is small enough to explore by foot or bicycle. Enjoy a drink next to the quaint canals or dine in one of the converted wharf cellars.
Interested in our Business Management Analytics programme?
Want to know more?
- Telephone +31 88 481 81 81
- Email email@example.com
- Work days from 09.30 am to 4.30 pm