Exercise Therapy: healthy movement in the patient's context
The VWS report 'The Right Care in the Right Place' emphasizes the importance of care and functioning in one's own living environment. This project aims to develop strategies for exercise therapists to teach patients to move and function optimally in their own context, regardless of their condition.
To increase and further develop the knowledge regarding exercise therapeutic treatment strategies (motor learning, self-management, behavioural change). In this way, patients can be successfully coached in self-regulating their movement behaviour within their own context.
- Insight into barriers and facilitators of motor learning and behavioural change from a patient and therapist perspective
- Insight into used elements of exercise therapy
- Toolbox for patients and therapists
- Exercise therapy research network
01 December 2021 - 01 December 2025
- Literature study
- Interviews with chronic pain patients
- Focus groups and Delphi rounds with exercise therapists
- Toolbox prototyping from paper to online
Collaboration with knowledge partners
We are collaborating with Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences and several patient's organisations.