Improving decision making at governmental institutions through decision mining
The outcome of decision-making in governmental institutions could easily increase, or violate public value. In the proposal, a new decision-support related method is proposed to be constructed for increasing positive contribution to public value.
By collaborating with a range of government institutions, technologies can
be developed to enable decision mining. This also with the aim of ultimately
being able to be deployed at these authorities.
While decision making is partly secured by rule-based procedures these
professionals have to follow, and partly by information systems, decision
mining is a new technique which could, once properly applied, improve the
quality of decision making for public value.
- Discovering challenges of decision mining in governmental institutions
Developing techniques for:
- The discovery of decisions from data through decision mining
- Checking decisions on conformance through decision mining
- Improving decisions through decision mining, with a public value
- Developing a method: The decision mining method
09 November 2020 - 09 November 2025
This research is funded by the Dutch Research Council (NWO)