ORANGE FORCE: ORal ANd GEneral health For OldeR people’s CarE
ORANGE-FORCE focuses on the group of older people at risk of frailty, systemic, chronic and oral diseases. If recognized early, health complications can be postponed and (costs) even avoided while increasing quality of life.
ORANGE-FORCE will provide solutions for older people at risk by:
- Improving oral healthcare provision in community dwelling older people.
- Improving collaboration between oral care and healthcare professionals.
- Unlocking and linking oral and general health data to guide monitoring,
- Development of novel technologies and preventive approaches for older people.
- Developing assistive technology to identify signs of oral and systemic diseases at an early stage
01 March 2022 - 28 February 2024
ORANGE-FORCE carries out this project along three research lines:
1. Field labs to monitor oral and general health, test and validate diagnostic tools aiming at collaboration with other healthcare providers and selection of right interventions.
2. Making (oral) data available and using this information to improve care by connecting patient information between oral health practices and
primary care practices, and,
3. Measuring and monitor the oral ecosystem to compare clinical symptoms and oral health analyses.