Practice variation in needs assessment for home care
The aim of this study is to gain insight into the reasons for unwarranted practice variation in home care. Furthermore, determining appropriate measures to reduce unwarranted practice variation and improve the quality of the needs assessment.
- Insight into the theoretical foundation of the term practice variation and the extend and type of practice variation in needs assessment.
- Insight into factors that influence practice variation in needs assessment and when this is unwarranted.
- Actions that can improve the needs assessment.
- Input for the V&VN masterplan needs assessment.
- Evaluation of the pre-conditions for assessing needs and organising home care.
01 April 2020 - 31 March 2023
In sub-study 1 we discuss the definition of practice variation. Sub-study 2 focuses on the extend and type of practice variation. Subsequently, sub-study 3 addresses suitable interventions to reduce unwarranted practice variation.
Based on the outcomes of this research, practical recommendations will be made in order to improve the expertise of home care nurses, and thus the quality of the formal needs assessment and care for clients living at home.