Psychosocial care after stroke -UPACT
After stroke a lot of people suffer from psychosocial problems, such as depression or anxiety. Such problems can hinder successful recovery.
In this project, we develop a care program for psychosocial care during the first year after stroke. With this we aim for early identification, detection, and – if necessary – treatment of psychosocial problems.
In this project, a psychosocial care program for the first year after stroke will be developed, that a) improves psychosocial well-being after stroke; b) fits the specific needs and concerns of patients; and c) can be used in the regular care after stroke.
01 June 2018 - 31 December 2024
In this project, the following studies are conducted:
- Qualitative study on the current psychosocial care after stroke.
- Qualitative and quantitative study on needs and concerns of patients and health care providers.
- Quantitative study on prevalence and severity of psychosocial problems during the first year after stroke.
- Literature review on potentially effective interventions for psychosocial well-being.
- Development of psychosocial care program.
- Mixed methods feasibility study of this program.