Every brand has stories to tell; stories that will not only engage, inform, surprise, delight and impact their audience, but that will also deliver on measurable business goals. Betty van Breemaat Founder/Co-owner of a Brand Innovation consultancy and started in 2021 as Lecturer Creative Business at the HU.
Most of her professional life she has worked on the African continent. Initially when starting her own safari company in Zimbabwe, followed by being a Label Manager at a high-end Travel Experience company in the Netherlands. Since 2008 she has worked as a facilitator of change at Vlisco, a Dutch fashion company that exports Wax Print fabrics to mainly West Africa. She is passionate about exploring new perspectives to identify business and brand opportunities and developing an innovation program through Design Thinking. Her expertise in Consumer Insights Discovery and Brand Innovation projects have aided the development of new Business Models that ultimately transformed the business into a purpose-led sustainable one.
Betty’s specialties are Brand Innovation, International Marketing, Consumer Insights Discovery, Design Thinking, Human Centered Design and Trend Intelligence.
Fields of expertise
- Principles of Marketing
- Professional Development
- Professional Project Proposal
- Fundamentals of Brand
- Consumer Behaviour
- Business Transformation Purpose: building a Fashion Facilitation Ecosystem – 2014 – West Africa – Brand Innovation Manager Poster: wall drawing (attached)
- Vlisco Tailoring Service Poster: Vlisco Tailoring Service (attached)
- Service Design - What companies can learn from Vlisco’s approach to fighting competition https://www.bellanaija.com/2018/04/design-business-dodo-companies-can-learn-vliscos-approach-fighting-competition/
- Service Design - Design the dress of your dreams https://www.fabrique.com/cases/service-design/vlisco/
- HEAO Commerciële Economie, International marketing. HAN University of Applied Sciences, 1993
- Design Thinking Fundamentals, Customer Journey Mapping, Facilitation Skills. Design Thinkers Academy, 2012-2014
- Post Doctoral CRM 2.0 Strategy and Leadership – Customer Experience and Relationship Management, Beeckestijn Business School, 2012/13
- Certificate Marketing & Consumer Psychology. ConsumPsy, 2015
- Trendspotting, Trend Analysis & Concept Development. Trendwatching.com, 2016/17
- Masterclass Corporate Anthropology. Human Dimensions, 2020