Ellen obtained her Master of Science degree in Sociology from Tilburg University in 2006. Having completed her minor in Gender Studies at San Diego State University in 2005, she returned to San Diego, CA, USA, to obtain an Associate’s Degree in Marketing from Grossmont College. Upon completion, she started working as a Project Director for an international marketing research agency (Strata Research), serving clients within the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sector. Ellen specialized in quantitative research methodologies, yet was involved in research projects which included qualitative research methodologies as well.
In 2010, Ellen decided to move back to Europe and worked for a Dutch policy research agency located in Amsterdam for one year, before deciding to move back into international marketing research. Landing a job with SKIM, she started out in their Geneva (CH) office, working closely with big international corporations, including Procter & Gamble. She also had the opportunity to guest lecture for the MBA program at the University of Lausanne, talking about her experience using conjoint analysis in pricing research.
After moving back to the Netherlands in 2013, Ellen worked from SKIM’s Dutch office in Rotterdam, while still travelling to clients in the UK (Unilever), France (Estée Lauder), and Russia (Efes RUS). While gaining experience training clients and colleagues, an interest in education became more prominent. In 2016, she decided to make the transition and became a lecturer for the University of Applied Sciences Utrecht.
With a strong professional background in international marketing research, and an educational background in Sociology and Stress Counseling, she is now involved in courses regarding Professional Development and Consumer Behaviour. In addition, she is training to become a qualified lecturer within the Mindful Communication minor.
Fields of expertise
- Collaborative Studio (previously Professional Development)
- Consumer Behaviour
- Study Coaching Coordinator year 1
- Minor Mindful Communication
Product Pricing and Communication have been the main research themes Ellen has focused on within her Marketing Research career. For high-end beauty brand Estée Lauder, as well as for beverage brand Efes RUS, she conducted a large, international pricing research.
|Project title||Pricing research in the high-end beauty segment|
|Keywords||Pricing, positioning, high-end, consumer|
|Years of completion||2014|
|General project description||For high-end beauty brand Estée Lauder, pricing research was conducted regarding their skincare and fragrance items, both in the UK and in France.|
|Your Role in project||Research Manager|
- Lueb, E. (2014), The influence of packaging on beauty product buying behaviour, Beauty Packaging Magazine.
- Non-Violent Communication (Intermediate), Connecting2Life, 2022
- Basic Didactic Qualification (Teaching, Assessment, Educational design), HU, 2021
- IELTS Certificate, Cambridge English Language Assessment, 2016
- Stress Counselor, Sonnevelt Opleidingen 2016
- Certificate of Achievement in Marketing, Grossmont College, San Diego, CA (USA), 2008
- MSc and BSc in Sociology, Tilburg University, 2002 – 2006 (minor Gender Studies at San Diego University, San Diego, CA (USA), 2005)