At the HU, Joana works as a lecturer in the following courses: Advanced Spanish, Business Spanish, Corporate Finance and Study Career Coach. Before joining the HU, Joana had the privilege of working for reputed organizations namely ABN AMRO Bank, Dufry Group, Bridgestone, Capgemini, and the Portuguese Development Financial Institution, in several countries (Portugal, Poland, Belgium and for the latest years in the Netherlands).
Joana holds a bachelor and master’s degree in International Business and a postgraduate degree in Human Resources Management. Over her academic path, she acquired comprehensive knowledge in core international business areas such as accounting, finance, management and languages. She is passionate about foreign languages and cultures, and therefore speaks fluent Spanish, French, Portuguese, English, and is currently learning Dutch. In addition, she was an Erasmus exchange student in Poland, Lithuania and Czech Republic.
Fields of expertise
- Languages (Spanish, French, Portuguese & English)
- Accounting & Finance
- International Business
- 2015 – 2017 Master’s degree in International Business, University of Economics in Katowice, Poland
- 2014 – Certification in Teaching Portuguese as a Foreign Language, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- 2012 – 2013 Postgraduate degree in Human Resources Management, University of Minho, Portugal
- 2009 – 2012 Bachelor’s degree in International Business, University of Aveiro, Portugal