Marjolein is an experienced lecturer, coordinator and trainer with a demonstrated history of working in Higher Education combined with management experience in both professional organizations and consultancy.
She obtained her Master in Communication Science at the University of Amsterdam with a specialization in organizational communication. During her studies she had the opportunity to study at the University of West Florida and take several corporate and organizational communication courses.
After her graduation, Marjolein started working as an account manager at a communication consultancy in Amsterdam for three years. She then worked as a communication manager for KPMG Consultancy for five years. Both working experiences provided her with strategic and operational experiences with and a broader and deeper understanding of corporate, marketing and organizational communication.
Consequently, she and her family lived in Curacao and Puerto Rico for seven year. In Curacao she was offered the opportunity to teach marketing courses and supervise interns at the University of the Dutch Caribbean. Here, she learned about her passion for sharing her knowledge and experiences with young students and decided to make the switch to higher education.
After her return in the Netherlands she joined Creative Business (then called International Communication and Media) as a lecturer in several marketing- and corporate communication courses. She also took up the role of coordinator for several courses, student recruitment and alumni for several years.
The last five years Marjolein has strongly focused on teaching courses such as Principles of Communication, Global Work, Professional Development and Professional Identity.
More recently she finished the post-academical program for Mindfulness Trainer and has taken up the role of coordinator and trainer for the minor Mindful Communication.
Marjolein is also part of the Teaching and Learning Network at the HU. As teacher trainer she helps starting HU lecturers to develop their teaching skills and work on their professional development.
Fields of expertise
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) - Minor Mindful Communication
- Mindful Communication - Minor Mindful Communication
- Professional Practice - Minor Mindful Communication
- Professional Identity - Creative Business
- Principles of Communication - Creative Business
- Scrum/Agile training for lecturers –  – [HU] – [Developer of training/Trainer]
- Open Days – [2018-2021] – [HU] – [Student Recruitment Coordinator]
- Alumni Events – [2016/2018/2020] – [HU] – [Alumni Coordinator/Organizer]
- 2021 – Mindfulness trainer, two year post-academic program – Radboud University Nijmegen
- 2020 – Connecting communication – Vine Institute
- 2018 – Scrum – Agile Scrum Group
- 2018 – Design of training – De Galan School for Training
- 2016 – Certificate Basic Qualification Didactics (teaching, assessment and course design) – HU
- 2012 – Solution Focused Coaching - HU
- 1993 – MSc Communication Science – University of Amsterdam
- 1991 – Communication Arts – University of West Florida
- 1989 – Propedeuse English Language – Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam