Marnie obtained a Master of International Business Studies from the University of South Carolina in after having obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Florida State University. Marnie then started her career in Marketing at The Colgate Palmolive Company as a Graduate Trainee. She worked in various roles in New York City, Mexico City, Sydney and London ending as a Category Manager for Body Care. Marnie next joined British Airways in London as a Senior Brand Manager responsible for Domestic Flights and rose to Marketing Manager for the British Airways Masterbrand. After a period as a Marketing Consultant specializing in marketing recruitment, Marnie started her career in Education as a lecturer for the MBA at the University of Phoenix and joined the HU in 2012. She focuses her teaching on marketing courses and enjoys using her professional background to help develop the work placement course and support students during their work placement.
Fields of expertise
- Marketing Principles
- Consumer Behaviour
- Managing Creative Processes
Marnie uses her practical business experience in marketing and consultancy to bring real life experiences to the students in the courses that she teaches and coordinates. This focus on how marketing and business works in the real world provides balance to the theoretical and research focus of other courses within the study.
Other recent projects
- Marketing Principles Course Design – 2020 – Hogeschool Utrecht – Designer/Coordinator
- Work Placement Course Design – 2018 – Hogeschool Utrecht – Designer/Coordinator
- CV and Interviewing Skills Workshop – 2017 – Hogeschool Utrecht – Designer/Teacher
- Didactic Qualification Certificate (Teach, Design, Assess), Hogeschool Utrecht, 2020
- Study Coaching Certificate, Hogeschool Utrecht, 2016
- Master of International Business Studies, University of South Carolina, 1990
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Florida State University, 1987