Mirjam Snel PhD obtained her diploma in Teacher Training for Primary Education in 1991. In 1997, she graduated as an education specialist from Leiden University, after which she obtained her doctorate in 2014. Her doctoral research focused on teaching reading skills and the reading development of children in primary education level group 3.
Mirjam is a senior lecturer in language for the Teacher Training for Primary Education programme at the HU. Within this position she is responsible for the language curriculum of the study programme. She also conducts research.
Relevant work experience
- Senior lecturer for HU Teacher Training for Primary Education (2013-present)
- (Chief) editor of the journal 'Tijdschrift Taal' (2015-present)
- Board member LOPON2 (2013-present)
- Lecturer in Language and Educational Studies / Educational Theory (1997-2013)
- Primary education teacher, (deputy) director (1991-1997)
Fields of expertise
- Domain specific
- Reading and educational science
- Training / supervision / coaching