Tweet reaction action
In this project, we will analyse tweets automatically in order to gain insight in the emotions present in Twitter-conversations, and when these are part of deliberate campaign to incite. This would allow earlier cognisance of attempted instigation.
- Analysis of syntactic and semantic possibilities to extract sentiment from utterances within online conversations
- A prototype sentiment-analyser able to map out the flow of sentiment within a Twitter conversation
- Conceptualisation of indicators for incitement expressed in formal logic
- A short paper motivating and elaborating the possibilities and applications of the prototype
- Evaluation and analysis of results
01 June 2021 - 30 June 2022
Tweets are analysed using accepted NLP methods, and predictions are made on how further conversation would progress. This prediction is verified against actual replies, zooming in on discrepancies.