Gerald van Dijk is a teacher trainer and researcher in the Research group Science and Technology Education. His research focuses on, among other things, technical education, the (continuing) education of science lecturers and the use of language in science subjects. All these themes are conjoined in his doctoral research.
Gerald has extensive experience as a lecturer in science-technical subjects, including within preparatory vocational training. In addition to his work as a researcher, he is a senior lecturer for the technical teacher-trainer programme at HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht. He is also involved in national projects aimed at improving technical education.
Fields of expertise
- Teacher training
- Didactics of science-technical subjects
- Language-oriented education
- Design principles for language sensitive technology lessons in teacher education
- Maker Education Opportunities and Threats for Engineering and Technology Education
- From High to Low Voltage A genre approach for teaching to write about designing