Liesbeth Baartman PhD works as a senior lecturer at HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht. She combines teaching and research tasks and specialises in (practical) issues that relate to testing and assessment in vocational education.
Within the Research group Vocational Education, Liesbeth works on research projects concerning Assessment in vocational and professional education, with an emphasis on programmatic testing and formative testing. She applies her expertise in this area to issues concerning the HU, the Research centre for Learning and Innovation and the broader field of vocational education (MBO/HBO).
Liesbeth supervises (pre-)promotion processes and the practice-based research of lecturers and/or education professionals. She is the coordinator of the Research Workplace Assessment in Vocational Education. Within the Expertise Centre for HPE Lecturers and the HU Network Assessment, Liesbeth works on the professionalisation (BKE/SKE) and knowledge sharing. She is also the developer of KIT2.0, a quality instrument testing programme.
Fields of expertise
- Programmatic testing of vocational education
- Formative testing / evaluation
- Learning processes in vocational education
- Programmatic design choices in 25 different HE programs
- Teachers’ conceptions of assessment literacy
- Towards a new balance in functions of assessment Shifting from formative and summative to a continuum of stakes