Maarten ter Huurne has been affiliated with the Research group Participation and Urban Development since September 2019. He is also a lecturer for the Communication degree programme.
Maarten graduated from the University of Twente with a Master in Communication Science and a Master in Business Administration. In 2019 he obtained his doctoral degree at Utrecht University on the subject of trust in the sharing economy. His research focuses on the influence of citizen initiatives on social issues.
- Development of sustainable communities
- Strengthening of social cohesion
- Quantitative research methods
- Sense of Community and Trust in the Sharing Economy
- A LEAP INTO FAITH Determinants of Trust in the Sharing Economy
- Reputation Effects in Socially Driven Sharing Economy Transactions