Maren van Rijssen MSc (1989) has been a junior researcher at the Research group Speech and Language Therapy: Participation through communication since 2018. She is involved in research into improving communication within healthcare institutions between people with aphasia, healthcare professionals and loved ones.
- 2018 - present: Junior Researcher at HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, within the Research group Speech and Language Therapy: Participation through communication
- 2017: Speech Therapist at Maasstad Hospital, Rotterdam
- 2015 - 2017: Speech Therapist and Researcher at Isala Hospital, Zwolle
- 2013 - 2016: Speech Therapist at speech therapy practice Logopedieisleuk
- 2013-2015: Master in Speech Therapy Science, Utrecht University
- 2009-2013: Bachelor in Speech Therapy, Hanze University of Applied Sciences
Fields of expertise
- Communication with aphasia
- Implementation of interventions
- Qualitative research
- CommuniCare: Development, evaluation and implementation of a generic Communication Partner Training using perspectives of people with aphasia and healthcare professionals
- Evaluating communication partner training in healthcare centres: Understanding the mechanisms of behaviour change
- How do healthcare professionals experience communication with people with aphasia and what content should Communication Partner Training entail?