Wil van Erp PhD (1962) has been a researcher for the Research group Financial-Economic Advice in Innovation since 2011. He obtained his doctoral degree at VU Amsterdam in 2016. His dissertation is entitled 'Accounting as an actor in health care'.
Within the Research group Financial-Economic Advice in Innovation, Wil tackles issues related to the application and optimisation of management accounting & control information. He main focus is on the application and effects of this information within the healthcare sector. To this end, he assists students with their investigations into accounting issues (such as cost price calculations) for healthcare institutions and independent treatment centres. He is also coordinator and lecturer for the HU master’s degree programme Innovation in Healthcare and Welfare (MIZW), with the minor 'Management of Healthcare and Welfare’, initiated by the Research group Financial-Economic Advice in Innovation.
Fields of expertise
- Management accounting & control
- Social cost-benefit analyses
- Healthcare financing
- New perspective on social cost-benefit analysis in health care and social welfare. A personalised integrated care approach
- The performativity of a management accounting and control system: exploring the dynamic relational consequences of a design
- Accounting and control and institutional complexity: challenges to the professional autonomy of the professions