After your graduation
Upon graduation you will receive a Master of Education (MEd) degree, together with the International Diploma Supplement (IDS) in English. You will be ready for an exciting (international) career teaching English language and literature.
Firstly, you will be qualified to teach English to the higher classes of Dutch higher secondary and tertiary education. Moreover, you may develop into department head or team leader. Alternatively, you could move abroad to teach English as a second language to people of all levels and backgrounds, or develop teaching or exam materials.
In the coming years, a lot of English teachers will retire, so there will be plenty of opportunities for a newly qualified first-grade teacher. You can also become a freelancer and teach/tutor privately, write course books or exam materials, or work in teacher training.
- English teacher to the higher classes of Dutch higher secondary education (HAVO and VWO in Dutch)
- English teacher to the higher classes of Dutch tertiary education (HBO in Dutch)
- Language institutes around the world
- Governmental institutions
After completing this programme you are able to:
- Teach English at a high level
- Speak and write English on 'near-native' level
- Design an interesting curriculum
- Recognise and develop your students' talents