After your graduation
Upon graduation you will receive a Master of Education (MEd) degree, together with the International Diploma Supplement (IDS) in English. You will be ready for an exciting (international) career teaching German language and literature.
Firstly, you will be qualified to teach German to the higher classes of Dutch higher secondary and tertiary education. Moreover, you may become a department head or team leader. Alternatively, you could move abroad to teach German as a second language to people of all levels and backgrounds, or develop teaching or exam materials.
In the coming years, many German teachers will retire, so there will be plenty of opportunities for a newly qualified first-grade teacher. You can also become a freelancer and teach/tutor privately, write course books or exam materials, or work in teacher training.
- German teacher to the higher classes of Dutch higher secondary education (HAVO and VWO in Dutch)
- German teacher to the higher classes of Dutch tertiary education (HBO in Dutch)
- Language institutes around the world
- Governmental institutions
After completing this programme you are able to:
- Teach German at a high level
- Speak and write German on 'near-native' level
- Design an interesting curriculum and exciting lesson plans
- Recognise and develop your students' talents
Stay in touch
We like keeping in touch with former students, and we advise you to do the same. They are a great source of information about developments in your field. A good network is of immense value for your career prospects and professional development in the connected world of today.