Ellen Molewijk PhD (1961) conducts research into quality of life and satisfaction in patients with hypothyroidism (reduced thyroid function).
In order to map persistent complaints of hypothyroid patients (despite treatment), quality of life, general daily functioning and the history of symptoms are compared with a control group and associated to medication dosage and thyroid blood levels. Satisfaction with and possible bottlenecks in medicinal treatment and care provision are thereby identified so as to be able to issue recommendations for improvement.
- 2015: National survey “Quality of Life and Satisfaction with Treatment and Care in Patients with Hypothyroidism”, in collaboration with the Schildklier Organisatie Nederland (Netherlands Thyroid Organisation - SON), UMCU, AMC en UMCG.
- 2014-2015: Validation by doctors of the measuring instrument ‘Quality of Life', Validation by hypothyroidism patients of the measuring instrument ‘Satisfaction with Treatment and Care’
- February-June 2014: Validate by hypothyroidism patients of the measuring instrument ‘Quality of Life’
Fields of expertise
- Hypothyroidism, reduced thyroid function
- Quality of life
- Satisfaction with thyroid medication care