Ilvi Blessenaar MA has been working as a lecturer for the HU Speech Therapy degree programme since 2012. She is a certified speech therapist, with special affinity for language and speech development disorders. She is also chair of the Examination Expert group and lecturer in clinical practice.
- 2017 - present: Lecturer-researcher HU
- 2012 - present: Lecturer Speech Therapy HU
- 2008 - 2014: Speech therapist SO cluster 2, Amsterdam
- 2006 - 2008: Speech therapist, independent practice
- 2007: Speech therapist and junior researcher SO Cluster 2, Groningen
- 2006 - 2008: Master in Speech and Language Pathology, University of Groningen
- 2002 - 2005: Bachelor in Speech Therapy and Audiology, Lessius University College, Antwerp
Through her work as a clinical practice lecturer at the HU Clinic for Speech Therapy - where students of Dutch as a second language (NT2) are regularly assisted with pronunciation and/or intelligibility problems - she developed her expertise with this particular target group. From this came her ambition to develop an evidence-based research protocol based on the ICF (International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health).
Fields of expertise
- Pronunciation, intelligibility NT2
- Language and speech development disorders