Lia van Doorn has been Professor of Innovative Social Services since 2007. Her Research group focuses on the provision of assistance and services to clients dealing with a complex combination of issues.
Before this, Van Doorn worked for a long time as senior researcher and project leader at MOVISIE. From 2003 to 2005, she was a senior researcher for the Faculty of Education in Social and Community Work (FSAO) at HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht. In the 1990s, she was a member of the scientific staff of Utrecht University’s Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences. Here, she obtained a doctorate in 2002 with her research into homeless people.
"Outreach care is particularly important for members of this client group, who often deal with a complex combination of problems in their lives"
Other positions and activities, including start date:
- 2016: Member of the Supervisory Board of the ‘Elck wat Wils’ housing corporation in Utrecht
- 2005: Member of the editorial board of TSS, Tijdschrift voor Sociale Vraagstukken (‘TSS, Journal for Social Issues’)
- 2009: Judge for Utrecht University’s ASW Meesterprijs (thesis award)
- 2009: Chair of the Scientific Advisory Board of the professional association Beroepsvereniging van Professionals Sociaal Werk (BPSW, formerly NVMW)
- 2015: Member of the advisory board of Agis Zorginnovatiefonds
- 2011: Member of the CARPE consortium
- 2009: Reviewer for ZonMw grant applications
- 2011: Reviewer for Journal of Social Intervention
- 2010: Reviewer for Jaarboek Armoede en Sociale Uitsluiting (‘Poverty and Social Exclusion Yearbook’) published by the OASES research centre, University of Antwerp
Fields of expertise
- Problem families and young people at risk
- Innovative Social Services
- Moral judgement processes among social professionals