Marloes Veldkamp MSc is a speech therapist and linguist. She worked for some time in rehabilitation centres, hospitals and nursing homes. Since 2006, she has been working as a lecturer for the Speech Therapy degree programme at HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht. She lectures on subjects such as aphasia, dysarthria and dysphagia and contributes to the Communicare project as a junior researcher.
- 2016 - present Junior researcher, HU, Speech Therapy
- 2012 - 2017 Coordinator of HU Lifelong Learning, Speech Therapy
- 2006 - present Lecturer for HU Speech Therapy degree programme
- 2001 - 2006 Linguist, Merem Treatment Centres
- 1999 - 2006 Speech Therapist (hospitals, rehabilitation centres and a nursing home)
- 1997 - 1999 Speech Therapy, Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen
- 1993 - 1997 General Linguistics, University of Groningen
Fields of expertise
- Neurological language - speech - swallowing disorders
- Communication partner training in aphasia
- Situation-specific tools in communication with people with aphasia
- Evaluating communication partner training in healthcare centres: Understanding the mechanisms of behaviour change
- How do healthcare professionals experience communication with people with aphasia and what content should Communication Partner Training entail?
- Ways to improve communication and support in healthcare centres according to people with aphasia and their relatives: a Dutch perspective