Dr. Stan van Ginkel is an Associate Professor of Educational Technology at the University of Applied Sciences Utrecht in The Netherlands. Ongoing research includes the impact of virtual learning environments on the development of students’ communication competencies in higher education.
After his work for Utrecht University and Wageningen UR, he currently advices UNESCO about the effective use of Artificial Intelligence to solve the global teacher shortage. Ongoing research includes the impact of VR on developing students’ communication competencies. Findings from these studies are used to optimize personalized learning environments.
Fields of expertise
- Academic and communication competencies
- Educational Technology, Virtual Reality
- Honours programmes
- The impact of computer-mediated immediate feedback on developing oral presentation skills An exploratory studyin virtual reality
- Fostering oral presentation competence through a virtual reality-based task for delivering feedback
- Students’ online argumentative peer feedback, essay writing, and content learning