Sustainable and Social Local Energy Systems
Develop methodologies for designing and implementing local multi-energy carrier systems in neighbourhoods, with social, economics analyses. Create an integrated cyberspace (a digital twin) which links the stages of design, retrofitting, policy making and operation from technical and social perspectives.
- Multi-energy carrier cyberspace model for design optimisation and operation of neighbourhoods with LES.
- Optimised pricing will allow affordable and acceptable solutions.
- Optimised policy will include subsidy and other alternatives.
- Case studies: Set of ‘green’ grid-friendly building solutions with great social acceptance for Brainport Smart District and Leidschendam-Voorburg neighbourhood.
- Case studies: Operational optimisation of Huangpu Virtual Power Plant and Hehuatang Future Community
Xiao Peng gave a lunch presentation at the centre Smart Sustainable Cities
01 July 2022 - 01 July 2026
This project is financed by NSFC and NWO to stimulate collaboration between two countries. Knowledge institutions from both countries will work with societal partners from public, semi-public and private organisations, to increase the societal relevance and impact of their research.
"A substantial part of the sustainable energy transition takes place at the local level (i.e., neighbourhood or block level). It demands transformations in local energy systems, and strongly depends on the preferences and actions of the local actors involved, such as households, local businesses, and local industries"NWO-NSFC