Ilya Zitter PhD is a senior lecturer at HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht. She combines her educational and research tasks and is specialised in (practical) issues that concern the design of learning environments on the boundary between school and professional practice (outside world).
Within the Research group Vocational Education, she works on research projects that deal with the design of learning environments on the boundary between school and professional practice (outside world). She applies her expertise to issues that concern the HU, the Research centre for Learning and Innovation and the broader field of vocational education. She also supervises (pre-)doctoral programmes and practice-based research conducted by lecturers and/or education professionals.
"Creating learning environments in which students, professionals, lecturers, researchers and citizens learn and innovate together."
Ilya is the coordinator of the research workshop on the theme of Designing Vocational Education. She also provides content supervision for the Expertise Centre for HPE Lecturers on the didactic skills of HPE lecturers at HU. Ilya Zitter previously worked as a senior researcher at the Expertise Centre for Vocational Education (ecbo) and the Interfaculty Institute for Teacher Training, Educational Development and Study Skills (now Educational Consultancy & Professional Development at Utrecht University).
Fields of expertise
- Designing learning environments (MBO / HBO)
- Design-oriented research (MBO / HBO)
- Exploring Co-Construction of Learning Environments at the Boundary of School and Work Through the Lens of Vocational Practice
- Multilevel design considerations for vocational curricula at the boundary of school and work
- Designable elements of integrative learning environments at the boundary of school and work A multiple case study