Nico de Vos is a director of the Research Centre Social Innovation and professor at the Research Group Participation and Urban Development. He studied physical education and the science of human movement (doctoral), and later philosophy (bachelor, research master). He graduated with distinction for both his university degrees. He holds a PhD in philosophy and dance, with a focus on the theme of physical connection.
Before joining HU, he held various (senior) management and executive positions in both the profit and non-profit sectors, particularly in the area of HR. He also worked for several years in various positions at ArtEZ University of the Arts. De Vos has been working for the HU since 2005, initially as a lecturer and coordinator for the master's programme at the Institute for Ecological Educational Theory, and later at the Institute for Social Work (ISW). He has been a professor at HU since mid-2016.
Fields of expertise
- Social participation
- Broad development ('Bildung')
- Social and cultural philosophy
Downloads and links
- Bodily Connectedness in Motion A Philosophy on Intercorporeity and the Art of Dance in Education
- A Taste of Act Your Age Filosofische impressies van dans en de kunst van het ouder worden
- Ageing, Dance and Art of Living