Do you qualify to enter HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht's Sustainable Business Transition programme? Find out here.
Admission requirements Master Sustainable Business Transition
If you want to start with the Master SBT, you need to have a Bachelor’s degree in the economic domain. Do you have an accredited Bachelor's degree from a different domain? Then you need at least 60 credits in courses taken in the economic domain, such as business, entrepreneurship and/or management.
Additionally, you are required to have a good command of English as demonstrated by an IELTS or TOEFL certificate (see English proficiency below for more details).
Note that this is a selective Master's programme. Before starting, you need to pass our matching procedure as described below.
If you are unsure whether you meet the entry requirements, you are advised to get in touch before applying at email@example.com.
If you do not, or not yet, live in the Netherlands, you can enrol via Studielink, after creating a personal username and password. You can create your account on the Studielink website.
The final registration deadlines are:
- Non-EU students who require a visa ánd residence permit for study: before 15 June;
- Non-EU students who require a residence permit for study: before 15 July;
- EU students: before 1 August;
- Students living in the Netherlands (Dutch or foreign nationality): before 31 August.
Note that it is always preferred to register before 1 July if you want to start in September because of the matching procedure and holidays. If you register later, it cannot be guaranteed that you can start the first week of the academic year because of the admission criteria.
Students living in the Netherlands - including non-Dutch nationals - can enroll as well as apply for student grants and loans via Studielink (in English, Dutch and German). For this, you need a DigiD log-in code, which takes up to five days to obtain.
Are you an international student? Read more about the fees and scholarships that (may) apply to you.
After your admittance on Studielink, you will receive all the specific information and details about the matching process.
For the matching process you are required to submit the following documents:
- An English motivation letter (300-400 words) about your motivation, previous experience and expectations of this programme;
- A curriculum vitae with your past experience and education;
- A copy of your grade list and/or diploma;
- If your diploma is not from the Dutch economic domain (HEO), please provide a short list of the business courses you took in line with our requirement (at least 60 EC) with a brief course description (2-3 lines per course);
- If applicable, an IELTS or TOEFL certificate that proves your English proficiency.
Please note that passing this matching procedure is required to be admitted into the programme.
The matching procedure includes an intake. If you register for this programme, you are invited to an intake procedure, which includes a personal interview.
If the submitted material meets the basic demands, or if we have further questions about them, you are invited to a personal matching interview to see if this is the right programme for you. This allows you to elaborate and make your case why you should be enrolled into this programme.
All students must prove that they have good writing and conversation skills in English. If English is not your native language, and you do not hold a Bachelor's diploma from the Netherlands, you must provide a result from an internationally recognised test of English.
If you need to prove English proficiency, we require an IELTS certificate with a minimum score 6.5 or TOEFL (above 80 iBT or 550 PBS).
Some international students are granted exemption from the English language test:
- Students who have obtained a Bachelor's diploma in the UK, US, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia.
- Students with an accredited international American or British Bachelor's diploma.
Do you need to take an English-language exam? Read more information about the language requirements.
For Chinese students, it is always obligatory to present an IELTS or TOEFL test result. Since you’ll need this for your Nuffic certificate which is mandatory for your visa application at IND (Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service).
Please contact our International Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding your English proficiency.