After your graduation
Upon graduation you will receive a Master of Education (MEd) degree, together with the International Diploma Supplement (IDS) in French. You will be ready for an exciting (international) career teaching French language and literature.
You will be qualified to teach French to the higher classes of Dutch higher secondary and tertiary education. Moreover, you may develop into department head or team leader. Alternatively, you could move abroad to teach French as a second language to people of all levels and backgrounds, or develop teaching or exam materials.
As many French teachers will retire there will be plenty of opportunities for a newly qualified first-grade teacher. Other possibilities include being a freelancer and teaching/tutoring privately, writing course books or exam materials or working as a teacher training.
- French teacher to the higher classes of Dutch higher secondary education (HAVO and VWO in Dutch)
- French teacher to the higher classes of Dutch tertiary education (HBO in Dutch)
- Language institutes around the world
- Governmental institutions
After completing this programme you are able to:
- Teach the French language at a high level
- Speak and write French on 'near-native' level
- Design an interesting curriculum
- Recognise and develop your students' talents