Jessica Veldhuizen, MSc RN (1991) has been working as a PhD candidate in the Research group Proactive care for elderly people living at home since 2016. Her doctoral research focuses on the effectiveness of care provided to senior citizens in their home environment. Besides working as a PhD researcher, Jessica also is a lecturer in HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht’s Bachelor of Nursing degree programme.
Her research focuses on the effectiveness of district nursing care provided to elderly people living at home. In 2016, Jessica graduated from Utrecht University’s Clinical Health Sciences master’s degree programme. She started to work as a district nurse after obtaining her bachelor’s degree in Nursing (HBO-V) in 2013, and continues to do so in addition to her work as a lecturer and her PhD research.
- 2014-2016 MSc in Clinical Health Sciences, Nursing Sciences major, Utrecht University
- 2013-2014: Pre-master in Clinical Health Sciences, (Nursing Sciences major, Utrecht University
- 2009-2013: Bachelor of Nursing, Ede Christian University of Applied Sciences
Other positions and activities
- 2016-present: Member of the European Academy of Nursing Sciences (EANS)
- 2015-present: Member of V&VN Verpleegkundigen Maatschappij & Gezondheid (V&VN M&G)
- 2014-2016: Member of the Programme Committee for the Clinical Health Sciences master’s programme
Fields of expertise
- Care of senior citizens living at home
- District nurse