Maaike is involved in practice-based research projects about students’ learning processes, with a particular emphasis on teachers’ role in stimulating their deep learning. Her current research projects deal with the nature of students’ learning processes in vocational education and supporting these learning processes by means of innovative, challenge-based learning environments.
"Deep learning through relating and structuring, critical thinking, and applying knowledge and skills, results in the best learning outcomes"Maaike Koopman
Maaike is an educational scientist and has a teaching qualification for primary education. She obtained her PhD at Eindhoven University of Technology and subsequently worked there as associate professor. Maaike supervises PhD trajectories and practice-based research of teachers / educational professionals. She is an experienced teacher trainer and is registered in the VELON professional register.
- Student learning processes
- Innovative learning environments
- Teacher professional development
- Fostering subject teachers' integrated language teaching in technical vocational education Results of a professional development program
- Reframing teacher professional identity and learning
- Constructing configurations to capture the complexity and uniqueness of beginning teachers’ professional identity