Machiel Bouwmans PhD is a lecturer at HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht. He combines his research and teaching duties at the Institute for Work and Organisation and specialises in (practical) issues in the field of cooperation in educational teams and leadership.
Machiel is a researcher for the Research group Vocational Education, and participates in the projects Room for Agile Craftsmanship and Formative Evaluation Learning Network. Machiel is pursuing his line of research along a postdoc trajectory in the field of cooperation in (extended) education teams. He is co-supervisor for the doctoral research of Marjanne Hagedoorn. He is also a member of the MBO Research Day project group.
Machiel has a background in sociology and political science. In 2018, he completed his doctoral research into team learning in lecturer teams at Wageningen University & Research. He has also worked as a researcher in the field of education policy and has been a university lecturer for the Masters in Educational Studies at Utrecht University.
Fields of expertise
- Cooperation in education teams
- Leadership & HRM
- Quantitative / qualitative research methods
- Exploring teachers’ career self-management Considering the roles of organizational career management, occupational self-efficacy, and learning goal orientation
- Teachers' formative assessment activities in vocational education paperpresentatie
- The power of argument Enhancing citizen’s valuation of and attitude towards agricultural biodiversity