Do you qualify to enter the HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht Teacher Education in Spanish programme? Find out here.

Dutch nationals need a relevant Dutch high school diploma. If you have graduated Dutch vocational school (MBO) or are an international student, additional requirements may apply.

Non-native Spanish speakers need to produce proof of CEFR level A2 or higher. All students need to be able to study in English, with a proven CEFR level of at least B1.

Students over 21 who do not meet the admission requirements may qualify under the admissions assessment 21+ scheme.

Admission requirements Teacher Education in Spanish

The Admission Office needs a copy of your diploma and transcript for the official diploma evaluation. You have to pass an English language test and an interview may be part of your admission procedure.

The minimum admission requirements for entrance are:

A (senior) secondary school diploma

  • International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate Diploma
  • China: senior middle school diploma
  • Germany: Abitur (Zeugnis der Allgemeine Hochschulreife) or Fachhochschulreife
  • UK: 6 subjects with a minimum of 4 GCSEs/IGCSEs with A, B or C grade AND 2 A/AS levels
  • France: Baccalaureate
  • Switzerland: Maturitatszeugnis
  • Italy: Diploma di Maturità
  • USA: high school diploma with college preparatory programme
  • General: a Matriculation Certificate

For other countries and examples of diploma’s, please check the database of foreign education systems from Nufficexternal link.

Dutch applicants with the subject clusters Culture & Society, Economics & Society, Nature & Health and Nature & Technology qualify for automatic admission. Some students who have completed MBO level 4 may also apply. For further details, see the information about studying after MBO.

All students, except students with a relevant Dutch diploma, must prove that they have good writing and conversation skills in English. If English is not your native language, you must provide a result from an internationally recognised test of English:

Name   Type   Minimum score
Certificate of TOEFL  Internet-based 80 
  Paper-based or ITP Plus for China 550
Certificate of IELTS  Academic   6.0 
TOEIC   Listening and Reading Test +
Speaking and Writing Test 
Listening and Reading: 670
Speaking and Writing: 290 
Cambridge English  Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)   180
  Cambridge English First (FCE)  169 

You may be granted exemption from the English language test based on your diploma. Read more information our language requirements.

Non-native Spanish speakers need to produce a certificate proving Spanish language skills of CEFR level A2 or higher, unless they have successfully passed a Dutch secondary school exam in the subject.

Are you unsure whether your Spanish is at the right level? Please contact the Customer Contact Centre. They can point you in the right direction.

If you do not, or not yet, live in the Netherlands, you can enrol via Studielink, after creating a personal username and password. You can create your account on the Studielink website. If you would like to know how to register for this programme and which registration deadlines apply to you, please check the bachelor's admissions page for all relevant information.

Students living in the Netherlands (including non-Dutch nationals) can enroll as well as apply for student grants and loans via Studielink (in English, Dutch and German). For this, you need a DigiD log-in code, which takes up to five days to obtain.

Are you an international student? Read more about the fees and scholarships that (may) apply to you.

All of the programmes at HU University of Applied Sciences are tested and approved by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).

Before enrolling, you are welcome to ask for an intake interview with the intake coordinator. During this conversation you will discuss your wishes, motivation, ambitions and experiences, which will be placed in the context of the degree programme. This way, you can gain a better understanding of your options within the part-time Teacher Education programme (grade-two, higher vocational education level). If you have any questions, feel free to contact the intake coordinator for this programme directly via:

Are you 21 or older? In that case, you’re welcome to enrol in this programme even if you don’t meet the above-mentioned admission requirements. However, you will have to pass the 21+ admission test first. You can register for this test after enrolling for the programme itself via Studielink.

Three students stand in front of the colourful façade of Padualaan 97 in Utrecht

Interested in the Part-Time Bachelor's programme Teacher Education in Spanish?